In addition to the analyte-specific calibrator sets, BIOMED’s portfolio also includes the lyophilised universal calibrator Duocal® Multi. It contains calibration values for more than 30 analytes and is designed for use as a calibrator for system reagents on clinical chemistry analysis machines.
The parameters contained in the Multi-Analyte Calibrator can be divided into different groups:
Electrolytes are compounds which are present in solution as ions and which move in a directed manner under the influence of an electric field. They are of great importance in the organism for the distribution of fluid and the water balance.
- Calcium is mostly present in the bones as calcium phosphate. The serum level is determined by nutrition and mobilisation from the bones.
- Phosphate (inorganic) in serum is closely related to calcium. It is an ambiguous parameter whose change in concentration may indicate various disorders.
- Magnesium is important for physiological neuromuscular excitation.
- As a component of haemoglobin, iron plays a role above all in the transport of oxygen.
Metabolites are the intermediate and degradation products of the metabolic pathways.
Proteins are macromolecules with a wide range of functions, mainly made up of amino acids through peptide bonds.
Enzymes are biocatalysts that can accelerate a chemical metabolic reaction.
- Pancreas α-amylase and α-amylase: responsible for the cleavage of polysaccharides
- Alkaline phosphatase (AP) and acid phosphatase (ACP): cause dephosphorylation
- Cholinesterase (CHE): cleaves choline ester
- Creatine kinase (CK-Nac and CK-MB): phosphorylate ADP to ATP
- Gamma-glutamyl transferase (γGT): serves as a defence against reactive oxygen species
- Alanine aminotransferase (ALT, GPT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST, GOT): enzymes active in the liver
- Alpha-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase (α-HBDH): Parameter in the late diagnosis of myocardial infarction
- Lactate dehydrogenase (LDH): catalyses the oxidation of lactate to pyruvate
- Lipase: cleaves free fatty acids from lipids
- Glutamate dehydrogenase (GLDH): enzyme of nitrogen metabolism
The versatile multianalyte calibrator Duocal® Multi can be used in various areas due to the many analytes it contains, both in accompanying urine diagnostics for determinations in serum, as well as in protein diagnostics and enzyme diagnostics.
Only one click away you will find our calibrator portfolio.